Some more informaiton it is a display issue when the qms acess the qds . see entry from management log:
13/07/2012 18:49:45.6753059 Error System.Exception: QDS did not respond to request.
Last exception (for http://srvcrm86:4720/QDS/Service): The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://ws.qliktech.com/QDS/11/:GetTaskLogResult. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[SolutionGlobal.Logging.LogfileEntry, SolutionGlobal, Version=11.0.11282.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]. String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.'. Please see InnerException for more details.
at PIX.Services.ClientSupport.ClusterBase`1.Invoke[TR](CallType callType, Func`2 func, List`1 allResults, QlikMethodBehavior methodBehavior)
at PIX.Services.ClientSupport.ClusterBase`1.Invoke[TR](CallType callType, Func`2 func, QlikMethodBehavior methodBehavior)
at PIX.Services.ClientSupport.QDSClientImpl.GetTaskLog(Guid taskId, Guid logId, Int32 maxRecords)
at QMSBackendCore.Communication.DistributionService.GetTaskLog(DistributionServiceResource qdsResource, Guid taskID, Guid logID, Int32 maxRecords)
The issue has been caused by the Regional Settings of the QDS being different to the QMS previously. The date appears as 01/01/0001 because the QMS cannot understand the date format in the tasklog.txt file produced by the QDS. This can be confirmed by changing the logging in the QMC to DEBUG. When I did this I saw the following error:
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[SolutionGlobal.Logging.LogfileEntry, SolutionGlobal, Version=11.20.12589.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]. String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. ---> System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
The QDS writes the date and timestamp to the tasklog based on its Regional Settings. Once the Regional Settings matched that of the QMS, we restarted the QDS and QMS services. Tasks dates and times were readable from then on.
If this is not the cause, setting to DEBUG in the QMC will shed more light on why it is failing to read the date and time of task. Please remember to turn off DEBUG logging when no longer needed as the log files become much larger due to more information being recorded.
I hope this helps.