2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 10:24 AM by Anne Duffy RSS

String Function Set function

Hi guys

I have a pivot table where when field [Ontarget] = 'Yes' it shows a big green tick in the chart

I wish to lock this so regardless of what is selected in the liost boxes ther chart doesnt change - I would do this with sets in a "Number" chart but not sure how to do it when looking at strings

This is my expression

=If([On target to pass]='Yes', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png',if([On target to pass]='No', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png',''))

And represenation is image

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

A

• Re: String Function Set function
          Stefan Wühl

Try

=only({1}

If([On target to pass]='Yes', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png',if([On target to pass]='No', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/cross_r.png',''))

)

• Re: String Function Set function

Hi again Swuehl

AS the formula was pasted It didnt work so I tested different parts to see if I could get it.

The below works :

=only({1}If([On target]='Yes','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/check_g.png'))

It seems the "only" function works on 1 side of the IF statement, only if [On target] is Yes make tick .

It doesnt seem to get the second condition if [On target] is not Yes Is it No ? then  give me an X if neither give me blank

It ONLY gives the first condition

Any other suggestions ? - I could use as is I Suppose

Thanks again

A