cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

Zero Values not passed to Extension Object

I have been working on integrating a surface plot chart in QlikView. When passing data to extensions there does not seem to be any way to specify that I want all possible rows - including those with a zero value.By defaults QlikView excludes the values that equate to zero. This causes big problems with a surface chart, as you need all the values to plot the surface. 

I can put in an extra expression that equates to 1, to force every row to be passed to the extension. But it seems that once the QVPP file is generated, the more modern properties dialog that results prevents you from adding a second expression. I haveplayyed around with this for a while, and sometime the field for the second expression does show up, but then it never saves the expression.

Is there any way I can force all values including zeroes to be submitted to the extension object?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Your second expression isn't being kept because of a bug in QlikView.  You can follow the instructions in this post in order to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Your second expression isn't being kept because of a bug in QlikView.  You can follow the instructions in this post in order to fix the issue.

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Thats great Nicole. Thanks again. It solved the problem.