Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use 5 different Excel Data Source in QV11?

Hi All,

I am having 5 diiferent Data source as Excel.

I want to develop the reports based on these different data source.

I was able to pull the one excel data source in the tool. For the same report i want to use the other 4 excel.

How to go about this?

Thank You in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Vinod,

First, make sure that, when you create the multibox object, you are reading from "All Tables" in the dropdown list in the below area of the General tab properties dialog "Show Fields From Table".

When you reload, do you see QlikView reading from both excel files? If you go to the table viewer (using Ctrl + T) do you see them already? If the answer is no, then your script has some syntax error that causes the second file to not be loaded.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Go to the Script Editor (Ctrl + E) then click on the button "Table Files...". That will allow you to load one file at a time. Use that wizard as many times as files you need to load, that will create the script required to load each excel file.

For this excel files, you don't need to create ODBCs or OLE DB CONNECT strings.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

maybe you have to distinguish between those tables while using the data for calculations or comparing data.

in the LOAD script, you can insert a field in the table like

'Table1' as table,

which will give you the opprotunity to chose only the table from one table (if the tables have similar data)

or you might use

qualify *;

LOAD

field1,

field2

FROM etc.

unqualify *;

to add the table name in front of the filednames

noconcatenate LOAD

will also be usefull (prevents qlikview from combining tables if you dont want.)

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

That helped me a lot.

I need further help too.

Excel Data Column names - Excel 1

SL.No

Circle

Branch

Revenue in Rs.

Excel Data Column names - Excel 2

CUSTOMER NAME

USER ID

SCHEME

CIRCLE

ZONE

TARRIF AMOUNT

NO OF MONTHS

ACTIVATION_DATE EXPIRY_DATE

AVERAGE AMOUNT

Only these two excel i am using now.

I have used the Script Editor and saved my 2nd excel.

Now how to use the column names(Excel 2) which should display in the dimensions along with Excel 1 Column names in same report?

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

I need to use the filter cindition(Multi Box Property) from both the Excel 1 and Excel 2.

Branch

Scheme ------ will use these both for Multi Box Property.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Just create a new multibox object right clicking on any empty area of the current sheet, and add those two fields to the object in the General tab.

Note that in QlikView field names are case sensitive, so if you want to link two tables, the key field name must be in the same case in both tables.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I created a Branch multibox,

But the other Excel (Excel 2) column names are not visible in the Available Fileds to create one more

What might be the problem?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Vinod,

First, make sure that, when you create the multibox object, you are reading from "All Tables" in the dropdown list in the below area of the General tab properties dialog "Show Fields From Table".

When you reload, do you see QlikView reading from both excel files? If you go to the table viewer (using Ctrl + T) do you see them already? If the answer is no, then your script has some syntax error that causes the second file to not be loaded.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Its working. I am just a beginner and today is my first report development.

Thank you very much Miguel for your help.