5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 12:13 PM by Jonathan Dienst RSS

Set analysis : Filters on a table

Dear all,

Context

I uploaded data in two QV tables :

- 'Calls' with the following fields : C_call_id, C_creation_year, C_creation_month

- 'Period' with the following fileds : P_year, P_month

(I don't want to link the two tables)

I created 3 QV objects :

- a selection list (SL1) based on P_year

- a selection list (SL2) based on P_month

- a simple table (T1) with the following dimensions : C_call_id, C_creation_year, C_creation_month

SL1 and SL2 allows me to select the period(s) that I want to analyze (/get the list of CallId)

In the table T1 I added the following set analysis as expression

SA1 : Count({$<C_creation_year=P_year>}C_call_id)

SA2 : Count({$<C_creation_month=P_month>}C_call_id)

The SA1 tells me for each callid of the table T1 if the C_creation_year of the callid fits with the selected P_year : I get '1' if it fits

=> It works fine

The SA2 tells me for each callid of the table T1 if the C_creation_month of the callid fits with the selected P_month : I get '1' if it fits

=> It works fine

In order to combine the both conditions, I created the following set analysis as expression

SA3 :

Count({$<C_creation_year=P_year, C_creation_month=P_month> }C_call_id)

The SA3 tells me for each callid of the table T1 if the C_creation_year and C_creation_month of the callid fits with the selected P_year and P_month : I get '1' if it fits. Then I replaced SA1 and SA2 by SA3. I finally made condition on SA3 to display the Callid with SA3 = 1.

=> It works fine

Questions

Q1 : I don't understand why I get a little red tic under the second paranthesis of S1 and S2.
      Is there something wrong in my expressions ?

Q2 : When I select P_year = 2011 and 2012, I get SA1=1 for the whole callid with C_creation_year = 2011 or 2012 but when I select no P_year, I get systematically SA1 = 0.
      I was thinking that giving no selection in a selection lists means 'I want all'. Is it not the case ?
      What could I do in SA1 to get all Callid when I select no P_year ?

Q3 :

How can I hide my ES4 expression column ?

Q4 : General question

Is there any other ways to filter on table (T1) with a filter based on P_year (SL1) and P_month (SL2) without links between the QV tables 'Calls' and 'Period') ?

Thank you

Regards

Pascal