0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2012 4:12 PM by dinkydonuts RSS

Cannot update. Database or object is read-only when pulling sharepoint list accdb via ODBC

I have created a QVW that pulls from Sharepoint list by the following:

• Sharepoint Site
        • Sharepoint List
          • Saved list as Access DB (accdb file)

• Qlikview
        • ODBC
          • Access DB file (accdb file)

No problems pulling the data that way and it works quite well.

I am having a problem deploying this solution, though. The QVW resides on the Qlikview Web Server, and the accdb files are on a remote network share.

Within the QVW script, I am using UNC paths \\server\folder\folder to let the QVW know where to find the files for loading via ODBC. I have tested this manually from my own machine and everything works.

I gave the QVW to my local QV admin to publish, and he is getting a Windows credentials prompt, even though the Windows Service Account on the QV Server has been given full permissions to the UNC share where the accdb files are stored.

For the heck of it, we also granted read access to the Sharepoint site to the QV Windows Service Account. I also appended the encrypted passwords next to the ODBC call within the script ( the one like XUser is lkJSDFSJDFSD XPassword is XCLKJRFWEKLJ) (the credentials are mine for accessing the sharepoint site and also the UNC share)

The error I receive:

SQL ##f - SqlState: 42000, ErrorCode: 4292965487, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. SQL Select field, field FROM Table.

Am I missing something?