2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 3:53 AM by Pieter Le Roux RSS

Tables (excel and SQL)

I have two tables, one if pulled in from an excel spreadsheet, and the other is pulled in from sql server, both have keys: Financial_Year and Financial_Month that looks like: 1 - July, 2 - Aug (etc... for Financial_Month) and 2011, 2012, 2013 for Financial_Year

I have a model that reports on the SQL Server-based table (selections you do affects the excel spreadsheet source as well of course, because of the "links" in their keys)

What I found now is that the new financial year (ours starts 2013/July) doesn't show any calculated values from the SQL Server-based table.

I'm new to qlikview and this model (I took over from someone) and I was wondering:

If the excel spreadsheet doesn't contain the financial year/month I want to look at (aka, no 2013 or July 2013 has been captured in the excel spreadsheet), does that mean the data from the sql server-based table won't display either, as if it's an inner join on the data being done when the two keys line up/match and automatically creates a relationship between the tables?