cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

How to make Extension window show scrollbars

I am working on a Gantt Chart extension object. I want the window it is displayed in to show scrollbars if the size of the chart is bigger than the 'window' provided by the extension object container. Is that possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

If you are using this.Element.innerHTML and you assign a div to whatever object you're making, you can set the div style to "overflow:auto;".  For example:

this.Element.innerHTML = "<div id=\"gantt\" style=\"overflow:auto; height:" + this.GetHeight() + "px;width:" + this.GetWidth() + "px;\"></div>";

This will show a scroll bar if and when the object in the div "gantt" is larger than the qlikview window (the size of the qlikview window is given by this.GetHeight() and this.GetWidth()).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If you are using this.Element.innerHTML and you assign a div to whatever object you're making, you can set the div style to "overflow:auto;".  For example:

this.Element.innerHTML = "<div id=\"gantt\" style=\"overflow:auto; height:" + this.GetHeight() + "px;width:" + this.GetWidth() + "px;\"></div>";

This will show a scroll bar if and when the object in the div "gantt" is larger than the qlikview window (the size of the qlikview window is given by this.GetHeight() and this.GetWidth()).

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Thanks once again Nicole. You are the extensions Guru!

I will try this (and the other suggestion regarding the qvpp files) as soon as I get the time.