Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remote Connection to internal servers!

Hi,

If I have one server located in San Francisco having puchase data, another in New York having Sales data.

1. How would I make a connection in QlikView the way we do with Excel, MS Access or any other data source. As in this case I have to mention the ip address of the servers I want to connect remotely. What option do I have to select while making a connetion? ODBC, OLE DB etc....

Look forward for your response!

Thanks

Mandy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mandy,

You can use either of the two. You need first to create a Data Source pointed to each of your servers.

1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative tools > data sources. then go to System DSN tab. Click Add then choose SQL server for example. Then just specify the IP address at the server address field.

just explore or experiment from the field boxes....

2. Make use of the created Data source in qlikview using either ODBC or OLE DB connection.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mandy,

You can use either of the two. You need first to create a Data Source pointed to each of your servers.

1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative tools > data sources. then go to System DSN tab. Click Add then choose SQL server for example. Then just specify the IP address at the server address field.

just explore or experiment from the field boxes....

2. Make use of the created Data source in qlikview using either ODBC or OLE DB connection.

Good Luck!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bernardine...this works! Appreciate your reply.

Mandy