Hope the following things helps...
1. Please refer C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation\QlikView Reference.pdf
2. Read all the discussion in QlikCommunity. Which will help alot!
3. Go through Rob Wunderlich cookbook: http://community.qlik.com/thread/29413
4. Go through QlikView help in the application.
5. Refer http://qlikshare.com/
If you are new to QlikView, you should not use Set Analysis (which is what is described on the helpful website). Set Analysis should really not be used unless you have very complicated expressions that need other selections (filter settings) or two or more selections at the same time.
Just load the data in the script using simple Load or Select statements. Then create your charts using simple aggregation functions as expressions, e.g. Sum(Sales). This approach will solve 95% of all calculations.
I am affraid i have to use the Set Analysis, there is no other way to calculate the aggregate data used in a specific month by a specific datauser group. This is especialy true for the dashbord with gaugemeters that we need.
Next month i have a two day qlikview training as designer and 3 day as developer.. The more i learn before, the more advanced i wil get in the course!