Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to keep pivot table format upon selection?

Hi,

I have the following challenge:

I created a pivot table of which the dimensions are based on a "data island". In other words: Probability and Impact are based on a stand-alone table "RiskMatrix".  The data comes from a risk log, including a field "Class". This Class matches with the field "ClassIsland" from the data island table.

Probability x ImpactCatastrophicalCriticalMarginalNegligable
Almost Certain0512
Very Likely0221
Probable1230
Improbable1526

What I try to achieve is that when you click on e.g. the number 5 (Critical & Almost Certain) that a table with details is filtered with the "Class" field. On the other hand, the whole pivot table should NOT change...

I tried to use set analysis but I could not figure out how this should work because you want to use the pivot as a date island for the dimensions but you also want the pivot to be associative for other tables...

Who can help me with this challenge??

Best regards,
Marcel Artz

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Set analysis shoud work.

try {1} in your expression, however this will mean non of your selection would work on the table.

See file attached for example.

Regards

Rahul

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul,

I understand now that what I want is in conflict with QlikView. I spoke with a QV consultant and he advised to accept the fact that you cannot achieve this in QlikView. Or you have to build a text box with a value for every field in the pivot. Not a really nice solution...

We have to accept that the pivot will filter as well...

Thank you for your helpful answer.

Marcel