1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 5:10 PM by m m RSS

how to add email distribution without exchange server.

m m

I am trying to loop and reduce on an application and create task that will email application to user. The server does not have exchange installed and so far it seems I can only select email distribution via active direcotry users.

Is there any way I can send email via task trigger to user wihout active direcotry.

• Re: how to add email distribution without exchange server.
          m m

Ok so i managed to change authentication method from NTFS to DMS, created custom user, email.

When i tried triggering task that send qvw via email i get following error.

Failed to EnqueueWithShapeText
          Distribution failed for resource "SendAppToMaggie_MailAttachment_1" (MailAttachmentDistributionResource). Warnings=0, Errors=2
          Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings=0, Errors=3
          The task "SendAppToTom" failed. ErrorCount=4
          Exception=System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay for *****@.com
             at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
             at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
             at QDSMain.SMTPServerResource.SendMail2(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, SmtpClient i_SmtpClient, MailMessage i_MailMessage)

Any idea what could be causing this.

when i do smtp email test it works. how via task it fails.