3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2014 11:47 AM by Alan Farrell RSS

Hiding the Y axis using macro

Brian Booden

I have written a small macro to hide the X-axis on a (bar) chart when a button is pushed, as per below:

sub HideXAxis

set chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH111")

set p = chart.GetProperties
                p.ChartProperties.XAxis.Show = false               
                chart.SetProperties p

end sub

I also want to be able to hide the Y-Axis at the same time, but cannot find the syntax to do it.  Is this possible, and if so, how?

Regards,

Brian

• Re: Hiding the Y axis using macro
          Brian Booden

Can anyone make any suggestions on this?  I have had another good sift through the API Guide and cannot find equivalent Y-Axis properties.

I have a manual workaround currently where i can set the the font colour of the Y-Axis to the colour of the background, effectively hiding it, using a variable as a toggle.  But i am not keen on embedding expressions into every font colour of Y-Axis objects through my application.  I would rather trigger the properties through a macro, similar to my previous post.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Brian

He Brian,

Why don't you make two different graphs. One graph with an y-axis and one graph without an y-axis.

Then show the graphs conditionally, dependent of the value of a variable.

You can create a button to change the value of the variable.

For eg:

Make a button wich sets the variable vShow to 0. And one button to set the variable vShow to 1.

If vShow=0 you show the graph with the y-axis. If vShow=1 you show the graph without the y-axis.

This way you don't need a macro and you can use a trigger which will still work with ajax client.

Hope that helps.

gr.

Frank

Alan Farrell

Hi Brian,

Did you ever figure this out?

Regards

Alan