2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 9:42 AM by brandon breitling RSS

Value of multiple expressions as line chart

brandon breitling

Hi community,

I have a pivot table that has 12 expressions representing the employee counts by month of the organization.  For now this is how I have to represent the data as the set analysis to calculate the employee counts is very complicated. 

Is there anyway that someone can think of that I could turn these expressions into the points on a line chart. 

Is the a way I can make a chart that would allow me to see the employee counts by month graphically rather than the the straight or pivot table?

• Re: Value of multiple expressions as line chart
          Oleg Troyansky

It's an ugly solution, but it should fly on a moderate data set...

Create a Dimension for 12 months and a single expression that will pick one of your 12 calculations based on the dimension value - something like:

Pick(Month, Expr1, Expr2, ... Expr12)

This way, you can present a single Dimension with a single Expression in a line chart

cheers,

Oleg

• Re: Value of multiple expressions as line chart
              brandon breitling

Hi Oleg,

My expressions are below with MonEnd3 being replaced by MonEnd4 etc. For dimension I use CurrMon3 which is tied to MonEnd field. 

SUM(AGGR(count({(<terminationdate = {">=$(=only(MonEnd3))"},

employmentdate ={"<=$(=only(MonEnd3))"}>)+(<terminationdate = {'-693593'},

employmentdate ={"<=$(=only(MonEnd3))"}>)-<terminationdate = {'-693593'},

employmentdate ={'-693593'}>}

distinct PRMNAM),PRMDDP))

Would anything in my expression prevent the pick() function from working as I don't get a line chart to show.

=

Pick(CurrMon3,SUM(AGGR(count({(<terminationdate = {">=$(=only(MonEnd3))"},

employmentdate ={"<=$(=only(MonEnd3))"}>)+(<terminationdate = {'-693593'},

employmentdate ={"<=$(=only(MonEnd3))"}>)-<terminationdate = {'-693593'},

distinct PRMNAM),PRMDDP)),SUM(AGGR(count({(<terminationdate = {">=$(=only(MonEnd4))"},

employmentdate ={"<=$(=only(MonEnd4)"}>)+(<terminationdate = {'-693593'},

employmentdate ={"<=$(=only(MonEnd4))"}>)-<terminationdate = {'-693593'},

distinct PRMNAM),PRMDDP)))

)