Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

plotting correlation line on scatter chart

Hi All,

I am a bit lost with this. I am simply trying to create a scatter chart showing the correlation between two expense types per dimension.

E.g.

Episodecost_acost_b

Obviously creating the scatter chart is easy, however I can't seem to get the correlation line to show... I have tried using correl and rangecorrel but I think I must be using them incorrectly.

I would be happy if I could plot this as a separate transparent chart over the top but I am a bit clueless as to how to achieve this!

Example attached

6 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Yeah, thats a problem.

As a workaround you can use a prepeared background image with diagonal line

Of course , you have to normalize your chart values/axis.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

haha thanks!

Or I could draw it on a chalkboard and scribble on it 😄

It's driving me nuts, it must be possible to do it somehow... but I am stuck even calculating the overall correlation coeficient which would be a start!

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Ok,

If you find the solution without background image or placing other objects over or behind the chart please,

post it here.

I think you've already tried reference lines...

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

I will eventually... even if it kills me!

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Here

http://community.qlik.com/thread/60208?tstart=0

Daniel's suggested elegant solution.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

It was simply a case of a linear reference line in the end... I wanted to calculate it in a table as well which is where all my confusion was coming in I think!

You can literally include expression 1 and expression 2, then apply the linear flag to the expression 2 which gives a good enough idea of correlation at a glance!