Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Struggling to understand how to handle dates

I'm struggling to understand the best way to handle dates in a report.

Like everyone else, I have a load of tables with date/time stamps in them. What's the best way of creating a single date picker control that will link to all the date/time stamp fields I have so that I only have to select from one set of dates?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Having a large number of date fields can be a pain to manage, questions to ask yourself - what fields do the business require to query against? is that field relevent to the data I am trying to display?

You may find you still have multiple date fields, if this is the case I would suggest having a drop down with a list of your calendars and then have a show/hide on a number of year month day objects etc

Not applicable
Author

So it's a legitimate tactic to have multiple select lists for the different date sets? For example, I'm trying to tie some data together about timesheets from two different applications, both have timestamps but i shouldn't worry too much about keeping the date stuff seperate?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's absolutely a legitimate tactic. In fact often it's the only way to do it. If the dates have different meanings (for example an order date and a delivery date) you use a different select list for each.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand