Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't convert to percentages...

So I am very new to Qlikview so I apologize if this is simple.

I have a table titled DCReason that lists reasons for discharges. This information is linked to another table titled Branches (these are our office branches).  I want to produce a graph that lists the discharge reasons and displays them as a percent so that when I click on a branch office, I can see what % of people were discharged for each reason.

I've tried doing sum(DCReason)/sum(Total DCReason). I also tried playing around with the fractile function but nothing . All I am able to do is produce a graph taht shows the absolute number (Textcount (DCReason))

DCReason.png2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Use the 'Table Viewer' to see how the 2 tables are inter-connected.

Ideally the formula Count(DCreasons)/Count(TOTAL DCreasons) should give you a percent.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Mmh I think there's something wrong in the model. Are you sure you have to tables? If yes, you should have a Value field where it says the number of time a particular reason happened. Youshould sum that fieldn instead of the Reason description. I guess you should have something like:

BranchReason
idBranchidBranch
Branch DescriptionIdReason

Reason Description

youshould do count(idReason)/count(total idReason)

Not applicable
Author

Yea. One table is titled DCreasons and has all the reasons (as noted above) and the other other is titled Branch and contains the name of the branches. I know they're linked because when I click on a branch, the graph that I attached changes and shows the absolute numbers.

Not applicable
Author

Use the 'Table Viewer' to see how the 2 tables are inter-connected.

Ideally the formula Count(DCreasons)/Count(TOTAL DCreasons) should give you a percent.

Not applicable
Author

That expression worked! Thank you very much. I guess my problem was using textcount instead of count.