3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 4:42 AM by Jaromír Frais RSS

Expression field as filter

Hallo my friends,

im QV beginner and i need your good advice:

My example:

In datasheet i have these columns (department,sure name...text,target and reality...numeric value)

Then there´s built a classic table in QV with all named fields. Now i want to create a filter condition above this table - i create a new listbox - a new displayed field by expression = If ([target]>[reality],'NO','YES') ....then i expected,that when i select for example YES,a table shows me all rows,where´s condition satisfied.

But it doesn´t work,because a table shows me only the first row with name in sequence and as i wrote,i need to see all rows by the chosen condition

There must be something wrong in my expression;-)

Thanks a lot for your help

Jarda

• Re: Expression field as filter
          Vinay kumar Bangari

just create the same logic in the script instead of doing it in the list box hope that solves your problem. for example if (Target>[Reality] , 'NO', 'YES') as DISP_FLAG.

Jonathan Dienst

Hi

I suggest that you add a status value to your model to indicate your condition.

In the script, in the LOAD statement for the table, add the line:

If(target > reality, 'No', 'Yes') As MetTarget,

After reloading the table, you can add a list box for MetTarget that will contain Yes and No values, and it should also select the rows accordingly.

Regards

Jonathan

Thanks guys,

according to your advices it´s better,a table shows me all rows. But now i tried it use practicly and when i write this function the table loads me incorrect rows. It´´s simply formula to compare two sums parameters and then follows conrete action. I don´t know why it doesn´t work,there must be a mistake in spots,because when i reduce formula to one parameter vs. second parameter = it works correctly

Thanks a lot guys:-)

If

(([Mobilní volání]+[Internet v mobilu]+[Internet domů]+(CDMA)+[Car control]+[Klapka zam.(GSM brána + klapka)])>([Limit na car control]+[Limit na CDMA]+[Limit na internet domů]+[Limit na internet v mobilu]+[Limit na klapku (pevná+gsm brána)]+[Limit na mobilní volání]),'Limit v celkové sumě překročen', 'Limit v celkové sumě nepřekročen')as MetTarget