Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using a Table Dimension as Filter

Hi to evryone,

i have to create a document that use a dimension of the table (buyer) to select the buyer that must be showed in the graph.

The problem is that i have also a Multibox to select the buyers that must be showed in the table.

This is the screenshot of how i would like build the document.

screen.JPG

I want see in the graph the value of "Expression A" over the month just for one selected buyer

How can i make a selection of the buyer from the table that must be showed in the graph without change the buyer filter on the top and without change the field on the table?

Thanks

Alessio

8 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you expression A is Sum(Sales) then in the straight table chart above the line graph use the following expression instead:

Sum({<Buyer=>} Sales)

It is not so easy in the multibox but This will always show all Buyers anyway - the unselected ones in grey, selected in white. Isn't this better for you

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

but with your solution i can't use the multibox as selector for the table,right?

I tried and it's don't seems to work, or did i make something wrong?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you post your app please?

Not applicable
Author

Here we are....

thank a lot in advance

Sorry but i am still using a personal edition so i hope you will be able to open it

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What's the problem? Looks OK at a quick glance...

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that i select in multibox ad example Buyer 1,2,3 in the table i see all buyer..

The graph instead work correctly when i click over the table..

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

And you don't want that?  I thought you wanted to use the multibox to select a buyer...

Not applicable
Author

Sorry,maybe i made a mess to explain my problem

I need to use the multibox to select the buyer that must be showed in the table,

For example i want to select in the multibox only Buyer 1, Buyer 2, Buyer 3 and in the table i want to see

Buyer      Exp A

Buyer 1    10

Buyer 2    20

Buyer 3    30

Then if i click over the table The Buyer 2 i need to see in the graph the value of Exp A over month for Buyer 2.

But In the Table i need to see still buyer 1,2,3.

In the document that i sent to you, the table always show Buyer 1,2,3,4,5 also if i select in multibox just Buyer 1,2,3

I need to find a way to use the multibox as selector for only the table, and to use the table as selector for only the graph