Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbouilleux1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Problem with report and container

Hi,

I want to include a report in my Qlikview document (v10 SR5).
In this report, I want to include all the graphics of a container.

When I run the report, only the container’s graphic active (displayed) is visible: the other charts are not visible!
I tried to create the report from another sheet where I copied links (outside of a container) with graphics: same result in the execution of the report, although the linked graphics are displayed in the sheet.

Is this a bug? Or is what I am doing wrong?

Illustration in the joined qvw.

Regards

Denis

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm running Qv11 and getting the same behaviour (at least in the print preview).

This behaviour makes sense to me though, as a container is a user interface way of conserving on space.

If you minimise a chart it still shows in a report, but if you hide it (Layout tab) it doesn't.

Guess you don't want to go for minimzing though ?

Jonathan

Not applicable

Hi,

I had the same problem but I could fix it! 🙂

Just go on Document Properties > Sheets, There should be a worksheet which is hidden (in the properties of this worksheet the conditional is 0, just take the 0 out to have it visible). On this worksheet you find all objects created within the report tool. Just make a copy of the charts you want to include into your report and drag&drop it from there into your report.

This works for sure!

best regadrs, GM

Anonymous
Not applicable

That will work until you edit/maintain the object. Having a a big application with reports with a lot of objects, will be hell to maintain. Instead, look at my other reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This must be a bug in QlikView, running 11.2 SR3 and still seeing this.

The solution is simple, keeping only one version of the objects (linked):

1) Make a new sheet and create linked copies of the objects on this sheet (sheet may be hidden if you desire)

2) Make sure the sheet is BEFORE (to the left) the sheet with the contain having the objects in.

This has fixed my issue. Spent hours trying to figure out why reports appeared blank. Moved sheet with linked objects ahead of the one with container, Fixed!. Tried to rearrange again for testing Broken. Moved to the left again: FIXED, reports render perfectly.

/Nicolai.

Not applicable

You are a life saver Nicolai! This worked, but we need a better way to generate print reports.

Not applicable

I know it's been a while, but this problem just arose for me and your solution resolved it. Thanks!