Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Multiple Fields as Single Dimension on 3D Pie Chart

Hi all, so I've looked around these forums for the past day but I can't seem to find a solution to what I'm trying to do.  The problem I'm trying to solve is that in the 3D pie chart I created, I want my data broken down by Business Unit then using four other fields as a single dimension.  I've attached a sample application that gives you an idea of what my data model looks like.  I've also attached a mockup that should give you an idea of what I want the final chart to look like.  What am I missing to make these four field names as the x-axis dimension with the count of all projects (uniquely identified by ID in the sample app) as the breakdown of the pie charts? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So I was able to solve my problem by creating a table joined to the original table that housed the ID of all projects, a generic RAGStatus to house Red, Amber, Green values and a RAGType field.  I loaded each field to the table using concatenation and changing RAGType based on the type of RAG I was loading. Then I used the RAGType field as my x-axis dimension.  Hopefully that helps anyone else who may run across this problem.  Appreciate anyone who may have looked into this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So I was able to solve my problem by creating a table joined to the original table that housed the ID of all projects, a generic RAGStatus to house Red, Amber, Green values and a RAGType field.  I loaded each field to the table using concatenation and changing RAGType based on the type of RAG I was loading. Then I used the RAGType field as my x-axis dimension.  Hopefully that helps anyone else who may run across this problem.  Appreciate anyone who may have looked into this.