3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 12:14 PM by Graeme Smith RSS

QVS 11 SR2 - Using Network Storage

Travis Dirmyer

Good evening fellow admins,

I have been reading through the QlikView 11 SR2 release notes and read that QlikTech states that network storage devices other than "Microsoft Windows" based shares are not supported (release note details copied below). I would like to know if anyone has performed any research into incompatabilities between QlikView Server and various Network Storage types. Our Network Storage devices are configured with Microsft Windows based folders & directories. We can manage the security of these directories from Microsoft windows computers, however, the Network Storage Devices and utility manager device not a Microsoft product.

I am posting about this because my deployment of QVS 11 SR1 has numerous reload tasks where which call QVWs, which interact with files and QVDs on an high quality high speed Network Storage device. We have encountered issues with some of our reload tasks based and have troubleshot for some time. The issues seem to point to the QlikView server not releasing the locks on some files before the next step in processing and then the reload task fails.

2.3 QlikView Server, QlikView Publisher and Management Console

·         Network Storage Devices other than Microsoft Windows based shares are known to cause system instability and are not currently supported.

Thank you all.

Travis