4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 8:41 AM by Nils Morris RSS

Visual Cue Within an Expression

Helen Pippard

Hello

I have an inline table which helps populate a pivot table

My Expression is made up of numerous different calculations, all doing different things and as a result I am unable to use the visual cues tab

I also will need to do numerous visual cues within my expression

I was wondering how do I write a visual cue in an expression?

I have an example below which I am trying to make the Text or background red if the value is less than 08:00

If

(Time(fractile(If([Patient Admitted?]=1, [Total Wait]),0.95)/1440, 'hh:mm') <='08:00',

red(),  --THIS IS THE POINT WHERE I WOULD REQUIRE ASSISTANCE

Time(fractile(If([Patient Admitted?]=1, [Total Wait]

),0.95)/1440, 'hh:mm'))

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Helen

• Re: Visual Cue Within an Expression
          Nils Morris

Hi,

In front of each expression (or expression group) an expansion icon (a box with a ' + ' ) is shown. Clicking the icon opens up underlying sub-expressions or attribute expressions.

If you add your expression to the"Text Color" option it should highlight all values  <='08:00' with the color red.

If you want to edit the color I would recommend using RGB(xxx,xxx,xxx) instead where xxx are the different RGB values.

Helen Pippard

Hi,

Thanks for this...Very helpful

Helen Pippard

Hello

I was wondering if you could kindly help me with something else, visual cue based

The information below alrday has a comma in it, so If I want to use and IF and ELSE expression, I would have to many commas

I.e.

If

(Time(fractile(If([Patient Admitted?]=0, [Total Wait]),0.95)/1440, 'hh:mm')<='04:00',

RGB(255, 0,0), RGB(255, 255, 255) ,

RGB(128, 0,0), RGB(128, 128, 128)

)

In addition, how do I format the '04:00', do I simply write 4 to get it match my interval in the expression

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Nils Morris

Not quite sure what you want to do with the second row of RGB colors. The first is if expression >='04:00' then

RGB(255,0,0) else RGB (255,255,255) Now you need to add another statement  with a "OR" or an "AND" statement.

As for the formating you could try removing the ":" from the time format i.e.

(Time(fractile(If([Patient Admitted?]=0, [Total Wait]),0.95)/1440, 'hhmm')<='0400',