cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inputfield - Distinct Values

Hello,

I am trying to reduce the number of extraneous tables that are used maintain a qlikview file to have them be maintained within a QVW. My solution thus far has been to use Inputfields within a table box to assign values and these can be maintained within a sheet in the QVW.

For instance, I have a list of Region and I'd like to assign a Regional Manager to each distinct region. Here is how the data might look:

UniqueIDRegion
1Michigan
2Ohio
3Indiana
4Ohio
5Ohio
6Indiana
7Illinois

Wisconsin

Based on this table, what I've been able to create what I'd like to see is an inputfield for Regional Manager, which looks like this:

RegionRegional Manager
MichiganName1
OhioName1
IndianaName2
IllinoisName2
WisconsinName3

The trouble I'm having is if I want to find a specific Regional Manager, say Name1, I get DISTINCT values within Current Selections, Search Boxes, etc. I've been able to mitigate this somewhat in other objects by using =TEXT([Regional Manager]), however, the ability to use an expression is not always available - as in the case of Current Selection and Search Boxes.

My attempts to store the InputFields and reload them into a new field haven't been working.

Can anyone think of a solution to this? As I said, I'd really rather not use an external Excel file to maintain this information.

Thanks,

- Peter

0 Replies