Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS service not auto-starting

Hi, I'm having a problem installing a new QV 11 server or upgrading an existing one.  I'm working on integrating the v11 SR1 install into our product installation.

New install: I'm doing a command-line installation as I did previously with v10.  The end result is that even though I supply the credentials, ensure that the user is in the Administrators group, verify the logon as a service right etc, restart the system, license the server, etc., that the QVS service does not auto-start.  I can start the service manually, but it does not auto-start. 

Upgrade: I'm uninstalling the old QV10, and installing QV11, using the same credentials previously used w/QV10.  Service does not auto-start.

Am I doing something wrong?  We need our upgrade process to be turnkey (its a fail if it won't auto-start)

3 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Look at TCP Ports. You can use TCPView to help you.

If you have Skype installed in this server, end this application and test.

Other option is remove folder C:\programdata\Qliktech. When the services restar, this folder will be recreated.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
answersharks
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is this on a VM system?

I've had problems with QVS (and other QlikView Server services) starting automatically after rebooting on VM's.   I fix it by setting the services to automatic-delayed start.

That solves the problem, and it only takes an extra minute or so for the services to start after the system restarts.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

go to services.msc and select the service and goto properties

change from mannual to automatic

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan