again, both posts look like logical statements and makes sense to me, but I'm still getting the same null value. to check my data, i made a sample table of data for both BOOKING_USD and BOOKING_UNITS and the values exist, but cant figure out why this wouldn't work.
Is there a possibility that when calculating the first displayable month, it can't draw the month before, causing a string of null values? (ie: first month recorded is August, no data for July can be found)
Try using this,its a very clever tool developed by Stefan Walther
It makes set analysis Childs play
From what I can see above it could have something to do with the format your date is in
try putting =max(FISCAL_MONTH) -1 into a text object and see what it returns
Thank you everyone for your support, i've learned quite a bit more about set analysis and i tried many of your suggestions. i got it working correctly with the test data i was about to upload (using the set analysis wizard, thanks ashkrit501) .
I also recieved a response from my database contact. He double checked the backend and there was an issue that there were gaps in our BOOKING_USD field, which may have caused the null values popping up for our test Product we used when making our Qlikview Dashboard.