Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

How to calculate the Median of 2 values concatenated together

Hello

Could someone kindly help me write the correct expression to find the median of 2 values added together

=

Median(Count([Time to Treatment])+Count(TREATMENT_WAIT_MINS

))

Time to Treatment and Treatment Wait Times are wait times but from 2 different departments.  However I don't think that I want to count them. I just want them concatendated

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Helen

Assuming that you want a single median of the two fields together, how about:

=RangeFractile(.5, $(=Concat([Time to Treatment], ',') & ',' & Concat(TREATMENT_WAIT_MINS, ',')))

(Using 50% Fractile which is the same as median because there is no RangeMedian function)

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Dear Helen

Try the following expression:

(Median(aggr(Only([Time to Treatment]),[Time to Treatment]))) +

(Median(aggr(Only (TREATMENT_WAIT_MINS),TREATMENT_WAIT_MINS)))

Regards

Rahul

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Helen

Assuming that you want a single median of the two fields together, how about:

=RangeFractile(.5, $(=Concat([Time to Treatment], ',') & ',' & Concat(TREATMENT_WAIT_MINS, ',')))

(Using 50% Fractile which is the same as median because there is no RangeMedian function)

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Jonathan

Thanks for this, it does exactly what I wanted

However, as I am new to Qlikview how would I write, using the formula you have posted above to include and if statement

As follows:

Time

I have tried writing something like this, using your technique, but it doesn't seem to work yet

(Fractile({<[Patient Admitted?]={"1"}>}[Total Wait],0.95)/1440
+
Time(fractile({<[ADMISSION FALG]={"Y"}>}, [CONCLUSION_WAIT_MINS]),0.95)/1440), 'hh:mm')

Time(RangeFractile(.95, {<

[Patient Admitted?]={"1"}>} $(=Concat([Total Wait], ',') & ',' & Concat {<[ADMISSION FLAG]={"Y"}>}(CONCLUSION_WAIT_MINS, ','))

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Helen

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Helen

I do not really understand your last question.

Just to expand on the earlier posts:

• Fractile(...) is a field aggregation function and computes the fractile for a field or field expression.
  • RangeFractile(...) is a function that accepts a range of numbers and computes the fractile of these numbers. RangeFractile does not accept set expressions.
  • A 50% fractile is the same as the median.

Taking your second expression, I have (I hope) corrected the syntax:

=RangeFractile(.95, $(=Concat({<[Patient Admitted?]={"1"}>} [Total Wait], ',') & ',' & Concat {<[ADMISSION FLAG]={"Y"}>} CONCLUSION_WAIT_MINS, ','))

Note that this is the 95%-ile, not the 50%-ile, and therefore is not the median. If you want the median, change the 0.95 to 0.5.

(Oh, and I would get the expression working correctly before wrapping it in a Time() statement. You can do that once its working)

Regards

Jonathan