Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Session Access in QV 11 Server

In need the expert advice.

We have 3 qlikview files with Session Access. When I open the files directly the security is working fine, it prompts for userid and password.

There is no any NT authentication attached in Session Access.

When I open the same files in server, it is prompting for user id but not for password. And for one file it is not at all prompting user id too, directly logs in.

We are using Document CAL, assigned to 5 window user and opening from those 5 users PC.

What could be the issue? Kindly help me out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

First, there were a bug in the version 11 SR1 that had this behaviour. That was fixed in an updated release of version 11 SR1 (11282 and higher), if that's your case, you better upgrade to QlikView 11 SR2.

Make sure the documents have the proper security configuration: Settings menu, Document Properties, Opening, Strict Exclusion. If not, the user is able to open the document in any case, regardless whether or not they have some data related to them in the data model.

Anyway, feel free to post an example of your section access here.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

First, there were a bug in the version 11 SR1 that had this behaviour. That was fixed in an updated release of version 11 SR1 (11282 and higher), if that's your case, you better upgrade to QlikView 11 SR2.

Make sure the documents have the proper security configuration: Settings menu, Document Properties, Opening, Strict Exclusion. If not, the user is able to open the document in any case, regardless whether or not they have some data related to them in the data model.

Anyway, feel free to post an example of your section access here.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Its working fine after upgrade to 11 SR2.

Best regards,

Gowri Shankar