Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show/Hide Text Boxes and Button

I haven't found the solution to my problem so I'm now having to post it...

How do I show/hide text boxes and buttons based on which container box chart is selected/viewed?  The button and the two Help text boxes should only be seen when an exec selects a certain tab (ie chart) to the left.  For example, in the picture below, the Help text on the bottom should not be visible with this chart.

ShowHide.PNG

In this image, neither of the Help text boxes nor the button should be visible with this chart selected.

ShowHide2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

instead of the 8 charts to the left of the screen place 8 separate buttons with the same names as for the charts

& create 8 variables from var1 to var8.

Assign initial values to these variables as 0. Go to each button one by one and on Actions tab-->Add----->External--->Set Variable----> var1,Value=1

repeat it for the rest 7 buttons setting from var2 to var8

Now go to each chart named corresponding to button1---->Layout---->Show---->conditional---->var1=1

repeat for each chart. var2 to var8

You can do this for all related help text objects/buttons etc. by going to their layout tab

Now whenver u click on a particular button the related objects are shown.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

instead of the 8 charts to the left of the screen place 8 separate buttons with the same names as for the charts

& create 8 variables from var1 to var8.

Assign initial values to these variables as 0. Go to each button one by one and on Actions tab-->Add----->External--->Set Variable----> var1,Value=1

repeat it for the rest 7 buttons setting from var2 to var8

Now go to each chart named corresponding to button1---->Layout---->Show---->conditional---->var1=1

repeat for each chart. var2 to var8

You can do this for all related help text objects/buttons etc. by going to their layout tab

Now whenver u click on a particular button the related objects are shown.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help.  Using the buttons worked and even made the presentation look better.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help.  Using the buttons worked and even made the presentation look better.

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author