2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 3:10 PM by Michael Tarallo RSS

expressor connection problem

Hey hows it going to all? I'm having a connectivity problem with expressor to Toad for MySQL. It brings up a window with connection error and it states this

SQLSTATE:[HY000], Code:[0], Msg:[expressor][ODBC MySQL Wire Protocol driver]Connections to MySQL Community Servers are not supported.  Please contact MySQL to obtain a MySQL Enterprise or Commercial version. What do I need to do to solve this problem?

• Re: expressor connection problem

To connect to MySQL Community Edition you must download from Oracle the MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver and install it onto your computer.  Then, create a database connection artifact using this driver.  For guidance, see the documentation topic Connections > Connect to Databases.

I’m a little confused about your mention of Toad.  Expressor does not connect to Toad; it connects directly to the database.

• Re: expressor connection problem
              Michael Tarallo

Hi John - I believe ericherrera was trying to use the provided QlikView Expressor ODBC Data Direct drivers from Toad. I believe he might have thought that QlikView Expressor was some data source that could be accessed via ODBC drivers.

odbc.PNG

Eric - is that true?

If so - QlikView Expressor comes with a variety of ODBC drivers that are used to access data from the QlikView Expressor Studio / Desktop product, not from other products such as Toad.

Please let us know.

Thanks

Mike T