Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I use an expression column total in Row calculation

I am new to Qlik view so this question may be basic but I have not found anything that works

I have created a Straight table that has

Demension A, B, C and

Expressions D, E, F

What I need to do is use the Average of all values in column F as part of a calculation to create new column G..

If I were doing this in a spreadsheet Cell G2 it would look like this:  "=D2 - SUM(F:F)", Cell G3 would be "=D3 - SUM(F:F)", etc

Any help is appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use other columns like that in expressions. You have to use the fields in expression. Here I create three columns D,E and F that all three use field Sales in an expression. F calculates the sum(Sales) divided by the overall average of Sales over all dimensions.

😧 sum(Sales)

E: avg(Sales)

F: sum(Sales)/avg(total Sales)

I hope this helps you figure out how to achieve what you need.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use other columns like that in expressions. You have to use the fields in expression. Here I create three columns D,E and F that all three use field Sales in an expression. F calculates the sum(Sales) divided by the overall average of Sales over all dimensions.

😧 sum(Sales)

E: avg(Sales)

F: sum(Sales)/avg(total Sales)

I hope this helps you figure out how to achieve what you need.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank You much - The problem was it was too simple.  I was looking for a complicated answere when all I needed was the "Total" function.

Thanks for your help