Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Performance issue

Hello ,

I'm having a major performance issue with my application which is around 250 Mb, with 32 M records and  50 columns .

The major issue is ..we have set of filter and object in given view when a user tries to  select few filters ..for each filter select the view is geting calculated and

it won't allow user to select other filters  in this mean time and also for second filter select it again getting calculated and taking a lot of time.

this should be reduced. i'm working this on a server of 24GB RAM.

I have few more question regarding performance

1. conditions in layout or condition in expression (i'm using QV11) which is better for performance.

eg. straight table with 6 expression only 2 expression can be changed by giving condition instead of having a new straight table with those 4 old + 2 new exprssion. which is better for performance

2. i have 3 qvd i'm force concattenting  them at  app level (all are optimized load)

3. or concatenate 3 qvd to one major qvd  and use that in app (with optimized load)

4. will loading time has impact on calculation time of object in the view.

5.my data model is 1 major table with 49 column and 3 column - maybe spilting the (main table) is good idea to enhace the performance.

Regarding data model is it fine to have all distinct fields in one table (one qvd)  in my case it less then 10 felds (most facts and majorly dimesions used at object level).

all fileds with less num of distinct vaules in other tables .

say suppose i have a field of zone (1k distinct values), sales (1K distinct values), division(4 vaules), income range(4 values) , age (4 vaules),  children(2 values)zonetype(2 values)

in the above case. is it advisable to have zone and sales in one table  and other fileds in other table . or every thing in one table

but most my object run by division filed ( and other fields like -- income range , age ,children  are used as filters.)

which is the best ways to optimize my application ..and i'm using mostly set anaysis in my expression and i don't have any date fields.

seems to be pretty long list but wil be very helpful if you guys provide your thoughts for these conditions

Thanks

Raj

in case as object (straight table i'm running them by division as dimension).

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

This discussion has a lot of tips to improve performance. I hope that helps give you some pointers/ideas.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

5.my data model is 1 major table with 49 column and 2 table with - 3 column - maybe spilting the (main table)

is good idea to enhace the performance ?

Regarding data model is it fine to have all distinct fields in one table (one qvd)  in my case it less then 10 felds (most facts and majorly dimesions used at object level).

all fileds with less num of distinct vaules in other tables .

say suppose i have a field of zone (1k distinct values), sales (1K distinct values), division(4 vaules), income range(4 values) , age (4 vaules),  children(2 values)zonetype(2 values)

in the above case. is it advisable to have zone and sales in one table  and other fileds in other table . or every thing in one table

but most my object run by division filed ( and other fields like -- income range , age ,children  are used as filters.)

in this case the  object is straight table with "division"  as dimension).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Gysbert,  I already looked into this thread.

i'm following most of them