Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DMS Authorization

Hi,

I am trying to test a QlikView Server to work woth DMS, but whne I try to connect to the Access Point I keep getting the propmt for user ID and password. So I have few questions:

1. To work with DMS and custom directory (users defined in QlikVIew) shoud I also have a publisher license?

2. Can I use DMS with IIS? or is it only working when I use QVWS?

3. What steps do I need to make to make sure DMS is working? I cannot find clear steps in the documentation for the server.

Please note I am trying this on a QlikView 10, 10.0.9055.7, X64 as my license does not cover 11.

Can you please help?

Regards,

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

John, you need EE to use DMS, no publisher needed.

You can use DMS and IIS but you will need a bit of experience to get around file permissions, QVWS is probably easier to setup.

If you're getting a login prompt page please consider that QlikView only handles authorization, the login page means you have an authentication problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

And another question, which I cannot find a clear answer to in the documentation:

How does usind SBE or EE affects DMS and the questions in my post?

Regards,

John

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

John, you need EE to use DMS, no publisher needed.

You can use DMS and IIS but you will need a bit of experience to get around file permissions, QVWS is probably easier to setup.

If you're getting a login prompt page please consider that QlikView only handles authorization, the login page means you have an authentication problem.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot!