Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

basic filter for chart

Hi

From my fact data I have a special chart which should by default use only a subset of data (based on NOT NULL for one of the attributes)

The filter should be only for this chart and not in general.

How to best accomplish this?

Juerg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

No need for another dataset. Set Analysis is exactly what you want, but you need the Set Expression in each expression on the table.

Sum({<Actual -= {}>} VALUE)

If each expression contains the Actual -= {} Set Expression, then records where Actual is Null will be ignored and your chart will only display data for records where Actual has a value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use Set Analysis on the expressions of the chart. Something like:

Sum({<FIELD -= {}>} VALUE)

That would give you the Sum of VALUEs where FIELD is not Null. We'd need more specifics on your data to give a more specific example.

Not applicable
Author

I have records with planned and actual values. For some records only planned values exist.

Some table charts show all records, actual show up as null.

I wanted now to create a table that concentrates on planned-actual differences and should use only records that have an actual value set. I could create an additional selection for "actual only" but this will then impact my other tables too and might confuse the user thinking everything has actual values.

So what I was looking for is a subset of all records with existing actual values for this table chart only.

I could create a separate data table when loading that contains only records containing actual values but this will (almost) double the used memory?

Not applicable
Author

No need for another dataset. Set Analysis is exactly what you want, but you need the Set Expression in each expression on the table.

Sum({<Actual -= {}>} VALUE)

If each expression contains the Actual -= {} Set Expression, then records where Actual is Null will be ignored and your chart will only display data for records where Actual has a value.