Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i add brand in script

Hi,

I have 12 brands, dimension name in BrandName.I want to add 'total' name in my brands that is 13th brand as total.

How can i add this brand in edit script.Can anyone have idea about this....

regards,

baru

6 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, I don't know if I understood correctly but if you want to add one more row with the description "Total" then you can concatenate your tables like:

Brand:

LOAD BrandName FROM... ;

Concatenate

LOAD * INLINE [

BrandName

Total

];

If what you want to sum up the brand then this is done in your fact table and not in your dimension table.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes you can add another 13 value from any inline table

Brand:

LOAD

[

BrandName

] from source;

Concatenate

LOAD * INLINE

[

BrandName

Total

];

but related to this values in another table shows null so you have to work on them

Regards,

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Why you want a 'Total' in the brands list? Maybe there are different ways of achieving what you are trying to accomblish! I mean more efficient way .

Regards

MultiView

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for your reply,

Actually i want to show in my report 12 brands and total column that is in my pivot table.i am having only one expression in my table.

When i drag brand dimension in vertical position,the 12 brands having one expresion and for total i am having one expresion.

I thought that i will give expression for the brandname and in the same expression i will give another expression based on the if condition.

so i need to add one text as total in brandnames.

regards,

baru

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Follow these steps.

1 - On your pivot table --> Properties --> Presentation --> Click on the Brands dimension --> Label for Totals --> Input "Total".

2 - On the same Presentation window select 'Brands dimension' and there is a subsection called Subtotals, you can select Subtotals on top or bottom as per your requirement.

I hope this helps!

MultiView

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

here i want to give the expression for the total thats not related to sum(columns) totals.

regards,

baru