Below are the steps to upgrade existing QlikView (QV) server to new stable QV server version.
1. First download the stable QV server and desktop installer from the QlikView site available at http://www.qlik.com/download Make sue that server and desktop version is same.
2. In-order to start the up-gradation activity first stop all the QlikView related services running in the service panel. (You will find 5 services running)
3. If you have task setup to reload and distribute documents, then make sure you have a backup of the QVPR directory. It is located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService
4. Keep the license serial number, Control number and owner name (which you earlier used to register the QV server, you can find it in QMC) with you.
5. Keep the username and password details of the user, whose account you are going to use to run the QV services.
6. Start the installation of new QV server by double clicking on the MSI/Installer, make sure to select "remove previous version" option.
7. Provide the required information like owner name, user account during the installation.
8. Once you are done with the installation, restart the computer and check all the QV services are running fine with the user account mentioned by you.
9. Access the QlikView Management Console (QMC) and upgrade your license by providing the serial number and control number information. Check User CALs allocated to the end users, reassign if not available. Check all the reports via QV Access Point.