Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using accumulated values in chart for calculation is not working

Hi,

I have 2 accumulated values in my chart.

When I tried to use the 2 values to calculated a 3rd value with the formula (=sum2/count1), the result is wrong.

For example, for the last result: sum2/count1 = 53.0/39.7 should be 0.74 and not 0.6.

QV seems to ignore the accumulated values and use back the original values.

qv_accum.JPG

Any help to calculate the correct result is greatly appreciate

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it will use the actual values for the data points, not the accumulated range.

You'll need to modify the expressions to actually calculate the accumulated value.

For example, if the dimension is YearMonth and your expression is Sum(Sales), you could do something like:

rangesum(above(Sum(Sales), 0, Rowno()))

This would calculate the rangesum starting from the current "row" and adding as many previous ones as you have values in your dimension up to this point.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it will use the actual values for the data points, not the accumulated range.

You'll need to modify the expressions to actually calculate the accumulated value.

For example, if the dimension is YearMonth and your expression is Sum(Sales), you could do something like:

rangesum(above(Sum(Sales), 0, Rowno()))

This would calculate the rangesum starting from the current "row" and adding as many previous ones as you have values in your dimension up to this point.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help!

But how do I only accumulate the past 3 value?

I tired the below, but the result is not good.

rangesum(above(Sum(Sales), Rowno()-3, Rowno()))

qv_accum3.JPG

Bule line is the correct result using qv chart accumulation=3. Green line is the actual number

Red bar is my bad calculation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try:

rangesum(above(Sum(Sales), 0, 3))

Not applicable
Author

It works! Your are great!

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I'm a newbie on Qlik View but I have to face a particular requirement on this moment.

The user is asking to have the possibility to zoom over a line chart to go in a more detailed and filtered graph.
At the moment QV do it but the initial value of new zoomed detailed graph is always 0.

Is there a trik to mantain, as initial value, the cumulated valued present on original graph ?

I hope you will understand ... my question... ;-))

I replayed here becouse the topic seems similar.

Many thank

Giovanni