12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2014 4:53 AM by Daniel Martin Jimenez RSS

How to resolve macro parse failed when running it to the browser?

Hi,

I really don't know how to resolve this one,

macroparse.png

Note that, when I run it in the Qlikview Application/locally, there's no error found. But when I run/view it in the web, that message found! How can I eliminate or avoid or remove this one? I need help asap.

Thanks for your ideas,

Bill

• Re: How to resolve macro parse failed when running it to the browser?
          Johannes Sunden

You can add some Msgbox() :es in your code to see where the macro parsing fails to figure out what command is messing up the execution for you.

there's no error when you run it locally...

Erich Shiino

Hi,

You can include some msgbox() in the middle of the code for debug in the browser...

If you add some of them you can isolate the lines where the error occurs.

You can also post you code here so we can take a look and try to identify the problem

Regards,

Erich

THIS LINES OF CODES WORK WHEN I RUN MY QLIKVIEW LOCALLY, BUT WHEN I PUT IT ON THE SERVER, THE ERROR OCCURS

WHAT I WANT HERE IS THAT, SEND THE QVREPORTS INTO ONE EXCEL, EACH REPORTS HAS ONE SEPARATED SHEET

============================================================================

on error resume next

sub launchXL

set oXL=CreateObject("Excel.Application")

oXL.visible=True

oXL.Workbooks.Add

'---------------------------------------

aSheetObj=Array("MAgo26","MAgo25","MAgo24","MAgo23","MAgo22","MAgo21","MAgo20","MAgo19","MAgo18","MAgo17","MAgo16","MAgo15","MAgo14","MAgo13","MAgo12","MAgo11","MAgo10","MAgo9","MAgo8","MAgo7","MAgo6","MAgo5","MAgo4","MAgo3","MAgo2","MAgo1")

for i=0 to UBound(aSheetObj)

oXL.Sheets.Add

Set oSH = oXL.ActiveSheet

'Getting the QView variable

vCompany = ActiveDocument.Variables("vCompany").GetContent.String

vTM = ActiveDocument.Variables("vTM").GetContent.String

'vLM = ActiveDocument.Variables("vLM").GetContent.String

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Value = vCompany

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A1:F1").Merge

if i >= 0 and i <= 16  then 'MAgo 10 to MAgo26

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "Sales Analysis by District by Customer"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A2:F2").Merge

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1).Value = vTM & " vs MAgo"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A3:F3").Merge

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 1).Value = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(aSheetObj(i)).GetCaption.Name.v

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A4:F4").Merge

end if

if i = 17 then 'MAgo 9

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "Sales Analysis by District by SKU"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 1).Value = "Ranked by Volume"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(5, 1).Value = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(aSheetObj(i)).GetCaption.Name.v

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A5:F5").Merge

end if

if i = 21 or i = 20 or i = 19 or i = 18 then 'MAgo 5 to MAgo8

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "Comparative Sales Volume by Customers"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 1).Value = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(aSheetObj(i)).GetCaption.Name.v

end if

if i = 22 then 'MAgo 4

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "Sales Analysis by Division by SKU"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 1).Value = "Ranked by Volume"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(5, 1).Value = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(aSheetObj(i)).GetCaption.Name.v

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A5:F5").Merge

end if

if i = 23 then 'MAgo 3

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "Comparative Sales Volume by Customers (Top 100)"

end if

if i = 24 then 'MAgo 2

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "Sales Analysis"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1).Value = vTM

end if

if i = 25 then 'MAgo 1

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "Sales Analysis"

oXL.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1).Value = vTM

end if

oSH.Range("A6").Select

Set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(aSheetObj(i))

obj.CopyTableToClipboard True

oSH.Paste

sCaption=obj.GetCaption.Name.v

set obj=Nothing

oSH.Rows("1:1").Select

oXL.Selection.Font.Bold = True

oSH.Cells.Select

oXL.Selection.Columns.AutoFit

oSH.Range("A6").Select             

oSH.Name=left(sCaption,30)

set oSH=Nothing

next

set oXL=Nothing

end sub

Bill Britt

What version of QVS are you running?

Bill

For our users this means they chose the wrong permission settings the first time they opened the document.  I have seen posts where people edited a registry setting for this but..... we simply open the settings.ini on the users computer and remove the part that records macro setting information.

EX:

[Module Checksums System]

E5D6D693-5357DBA0-779BD929-7EA91536-C9F92288=

8A2886FD-014D95FC-89430C6E-927D45DB-E6B48BAD=

We remove the entire section about Module Checksums System.  Next entry of the document then gives a chance to set them again.  We typically set them for them at this point so we don't have to do this again.

Win7 location for settings.ini is under c:\users\username\appdata\...\qliktech\qlikview

WinXP location is c:\documents and settings\.....\qliktech\qlikview

HTH