Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I add result of GetTicket.aspx to qvp sent to OCX OpenDocument

WIthout a ticket the OCX will open a password dialogbox when the following is passed to the OpenDocument

qvp://<user>@<host>/<filename>

I am trying to avoid the password dialog box but first getting a ticket for <user> from <host> using GetTicket.aspx.

Once I have the ticket string, how to I add it to the qvp string passed to OpenDocument?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If I
1) Convert QVServer to using DMS authorization
2) Use QVEMC to manually add an authorized name (no windows account needed for this name) for a qvw, e.g. Frank
3) Request a ticket for Frank using as credentials a name/pswd for a windows account that exists on the machine hosting GetTicket.aspx

Then I am able to pass the folloiwng qvp to file open in the OCX
   qvp://<host>/<file>?ticket

i.e. CTE+DMS ==>> qvp+ticket ==>> open qvw in OCX

I could not find anything in the QVServer Ref manual that says only DMS authorization is supported for CTE.

Is this the case?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Getting a ticket can be done as described in GetTicket using C#

Not applicable
Author

If I
1) Convert QVServer to using DMS authorization
2) Use QVEMC to manually add an authorized name (no windows account needed for this name) for a qvw, e.g. Frank
3) Request a ticket for Frank using as credentials a name/pswd for a windows account that exists on the machine hosting GetTicket.aspx

Then I am able to pass the folloiwng qvp to file open in the OCX
   qvp://<host>/<file>?ticket

i.e. CTE+DMS ==>> qvp+ticket ==>> open qvw in OCX

I could not find anything in the QVServer Ref manual that says only DMS authorization is supported for CTE.

Is this the case?