Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Layered" bubble chart - how?

Hi all,

I’m trying to construct a “layered” bubble chart – meaning that I first want the aggregated bubbles to be showed, but if you click one of them, I want to see the underlying bubbles individually. Properly a bit confusing – allow me to elaborate:

Consider a car dealer with two branches and the following data:

Date

Branch

Brand

SalesPerson

Price

Profit

2012-10-01

Ford

John

2012-11-01

Aston Martin

Robert

2012-11-27

Aston Martin

John

2012-10-10

Ford

Jeff

2012-11-15

Aston Martin

Jeff

2012-11-20

Ford

Jeff

2012-10-05

Ford

Brian

2012-10-28

Ford

Brian

X-Axis: Average Price

Y-Axis: Average Profit

Bubble size: Number of salespersons

Bubbles: Branches (one for each)

Like this: 

Bubble 1.JPG

So far so good – this I can construct simply using a scatter chart in QlikView. However, I would like to be able to click Branch 1 and the chart should change to show bubbles averaged over brands for branch 1 – i.e. average price and profit for Ford and Aston Martin sold at Branch 1. The bubble size is still to count the number of sales person selling the particular brand. Clicking on Branch 1 should yield the following result in the chart: 

Bubble 2.JPG

Any suggestions on how to do so? Without having to create a separate chart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You could create a drill-down group containing two dimensions: Branches and Brands.

Look up for "Group Settings" in a help.

Then just use this group as a dimension.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You could create a drill-down group containing two dimensions: Branches and Brands.

Look up for "Group Settings" in a help.

Then just use this group as a dimension.

Not applicable
Author

That worked like a charm - thank you!

As a bonus-question; I would like to combine the drill down chart with a animated function (time-dimension). However, when I add Month as a dimension and choose to animate first dimension, it is no longer possible to clikc on the bubbles on the chart to drill down? If I choose a specific branch in e.g. a list box, the animated chart drills down accordingly. Isn't is possible to allow the drill down to work simply by clicking the bubble - like when it wasn't animated?

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Sorry, don't know, have never used animation in that way