3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 3:15 PM by Pramod Dontham RSS

Performance issue

I am loading 2 tables and performing inner join between them....

first table is coming from qvd which has 555,000 records(1 yr of data)

Second table is a sql query which has 1,530,000 records(5 yrs of data)

I am trying to load only 1 yr of data from sql query table(2nd table) with respect to qvd table(1st table), But when I am doing inner join its loading 1st table in 1 minute but when it comes to 2nd table its checking with 5 yrs of data and taking time....

I am wondering is there any way to give condition on 2nd table with respect to 1st table,where 1st table is qvd table and 2nd table is sql table.......

• Re: Performance issue

I think I am not clear, I want to go deeper and explain you guys...

In first table I have a field refference Id

In second table I have Refference Id and some other fields.....

I want to join two tables on Refference Id....

I am doing 1st table Inner join 2nd table....but here I want to load data from 2nd table which same refference Id in 1st table...In Qlikview when I do inner join its loading  1st table and also fetching all records from 2nd table while script execution.....

Is there a way other than inner join  to join two tables with my given  conditions......

• Re: Performance issue

You can use the where exists condition on the second table to read only that data which is existing in the first table (assuming your first table loads 1 year of data and has a key field that is used to join both the tables).

The syntax should look something like this:

Table 1:

from Table1;

inner join (Table 1)

//Table 2

from Table 2

where exists (ID,ID);

Hope that helps.