Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregation in Gauge Chart

Hello,

first of all sorry for a stupid question, but I am just starting with Qlik.

Here is my problem:

I would like to build a dashboard with gauges showing measuements in two locations for two customers. That means two gauges per customer. Each gauge shall display just the information for the specific location for the specific customer.

I split this in two parts:

Part 1:

I have a table with a number measuements values per customer. There are 4 customers in total each carrying lets say 200 measuements.

I would like to create a gauge chart for each customer to display the average for his specific measurements.

How can I aggregate the measuremets for one customer in one gauge each?

Part 2:

Assuming we have now one gauge per customer displaying the agerage for each measurement. Now I would like to extend this example by measurements in location 1 and location 2.

I would like to have 2 Gauges per customer, but showing the avg of measuement in Location 1 and the other gauge in location 2.

Question: How can I aggregate and filter the measurements according to customers and different locations in gauge charts without invoking and filtering on global basis ?

I hope I was able to explain this problem clrear enough.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

1) For each customer, use an expression like:

avg({<Customer={'Customer A, Inc.'}>} Measurement)

2) Just extend the above:

avg({<Customer={'Customer A, Inc.'}
,Location={'Alberta'}
>} Measurement)

These examples use set analysis to create sets different from the one the user has selected. You can look set analysis up in the help text for an explanation and a lot of other examples. It does only work in version 8.5 and above. If you're using an earlier version, you can accomplish much the same thing with avg(if(...,Measurement)) statements, but it isn't as flexible (can only give you subsets of the user's selections), and doesn't typically perform as well.

There may be other ways to display similar information in more flexible ways. For instance, if you want a gauge for every location for every customer, you can make a chart with customer and location as dimensions, avg(Measurement) as the expression, and display that expression as a gauge. But if you want to highlight very specific customers and locations, making separate gauges with set analysis might be the slickest approach from the user's perspective, even if it's more work for you behind the scenes.