Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different views to different users

Hi Qlikview community,

I would like to know if there is any other way appart from section access to implement the diffrent view of data per user.

I implemented this with section access but due to the section access defined functionality it reduces all the fields that should not be viewed by the user.

The specifications of my project require other type of handling, such as deselection(without the ability to select them by restrected user) of fields instead of reducing them completely.

Thank you in advance.

8 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

It is exploring.....i dont know such feature...........tilll..

Not applicable
Author

You can do this with qlikview Server.

If you have an app which shows for example 10 different projects, you can create 10 different apps out of one with qlikview server.

Then you can give access to anybody who works in that project and he can only see his data.

But it also reduces Data, which doesn´t belong to "that" project.

Not applicable
Author

I was thinking a solution the other days but i dont know if its feasible. Is there any way to lock the fields per user instead of reducing them????

Is it possible to be done on the Qlikview server access point???

Not applicable
Author

In QlikView Mangment Console you can loop and reduce by "Field" (From your Application) or by "Bookmark".

I never tried Bookmark, but I think it might work for you, if you bookmark all you´re fields you would like to show them and reduce with that bookmark.

You can also chose a few field for reduction.

Not applicable
Author

But i dont want to reduce the other fields that shouldnot be visible to non classified user, I just want to get deselected......

Not applicable
Author

Is there any way to hide unlock icon in access point view???

thomduvi83
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

You can use section access to link each user with a text value containing the needed selections (in a format like "(VALUE1|VALUE2|...)"

-> only one row per user/field (

NTNAME   FieldName  Selections

USERX      FieldA           (Value1|Value2))

Then trigger on open document -> Apply selection on FieldA with value of the field "Selections"

+ Lock FieldA

Add also a trigger on the FieldA, on unlock : lock FieldA     (it will then be impossible to unlock FieldA)

Not applicable
Author

I will try that Thomas thanks for the advise...