Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GeoQlik Enable/disable analysis

Hi everybody,

I started using GeoQlik and I am quite enthusiastic about it. However, I was wondering whether it is possible to enable or disable an analysis/expression using buttons on the QlikView sheet, but outside the extension object. I do not want to use the default sidebar inside the GeoQlik object.

So suppose I have analysis 1 which is a heat map and analysis 2 which shows the 'sales per region' using classes. Using buttons on the sheet, I would like to enable or disable an analysis. Can this be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Although geoqlik does not provide a built-in way to achieve what you want you can get what you want by using your variable in your analysis expression.

For example, say you have 2 analyses:

Analysis 1 : sum(SomeValue)

Analysis 2 : sum(AnotherValue)

If you want to show a specific analysis given a GeoAnalysis variable, you can change your expressions to:

Analysis 1 : if(GeoAnalysis = 1, sum(SomeValue), '')

Analysis 2 : if(GeoAnalysis = 2,sum(AnotherValue), '')

It won't exactly disable the analysis but as no value will be generated nothing will be drawn. There won't be a visual cue to show which analysis is active tough.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Although geoqlik does not provide a built-in way to achieve what you want you can get what you want by using your variable in your analysis expression.

For example, say you have 2 analyses:

Analysis 1 : sum(SomeValue)

Analysis 2 : sum(AnotherValue)

If you want to show a specific analysis given a GeoAnalysis variable, you can change your expressions to:

Analysis 1 : if(GeoAnalysis = 1, sum(SomeValue), '')

Analysis 2 : if(GeoAnalysis = 2,sum(AnotherValue), '')

It won't exactly disable the analysis but as no value will be generated nothing will be drawn. There won't be a visual cue to show which analysis is active tough.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I guess this will work indeed!