Would an Other bar help you, as set up under the Dimensions Limits tab ?
This is a little clunky in that it:
1. doesn't show you were you are (i.e. which page your on)
- you may be able to determine that using a rank() function though and display it as text in the chart
2. doesn't allow you to move backwards seemlessly
- I think you need to clear the field or press a back button
3. depending on the data volumes It may reduce the widths of the other displayed bars
Maybe you can create a buttons outside of the chart to 'select in field' the top 5, then the next top 5 etc. alongside that you could have another button to 'clear field' for the previous selection, though I'm not sure how you'd do that, else reselect the top x number of pages worth.
Yes, I have been looking at Dimension Limits. However, I am not sure how to visualise middle intervals, e.g. values lesser than 40% AND greater than 30% of the total. Looking at properties, you only select values lesser OR greater than a specific value, but never both at once:
Considering that, let's go back to the horizontal scroll bar idea. I reckon it would just be a neat macro preserving the vertical scroll bar's function yet displaying it horizontally (where would the macro go to - Edit Module?).
DataPaging.zip 125.5 K