Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview integration with Web Application in an iframe, fire an event as soon as the web page is opened

Hi,

I created a Qlikview Sheet and Published the same to Qlikview Server.

Using the published URL, i have embedded the Qlikview Document in an iframe in our ASP.NET Web page.

When i navigate to the Page which contains the Iframe embedded with Qlikview, i want the OnActivateSheet event to be fired by default.

Is their a possibility that i can trigger any event as such as soon as the web page is opened?

It would be great if you could help me in this.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

M.Santosh Kumari

6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There is an "OnOpen" trigger in the document properties. Another idea might be using Document Extensions.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

I agree, I'd use a document extension.  You can use javascript to call functions in the parent window of an iframe with this format:

window.parent.someFunction();

Put that into a document extension and you're good to go.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response.

I have not worked on Document Extensions and to rephrase my issue, My Qlikview Document is in the Iframe. And i am supposed to access the Querystring from the Webpage URL and refresh the QV Dashboard with the accessed Querystring value.

As Daniel mentioned, i have written an OnOpen function, which works fine in the local Desktop, but, the same QV when published in the server, and being accessed in our Web page, the event is not being fired.

Can you provide us with an example if possible.

Thanks in Advance.

Best,

Santosh Kumari

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There are several examples around.

You should check this one by Brian http://community.qlik.com/thread/58941.

Here's also a tutorial on extensions with some links to examples.

http://www.qlikfix.com/2012/07/03/qlikview-extension-tutorials-documentation-and-examples/

Not applicable
Author

Daniel Rozental

Could you please tell me,why we need trigger?If we simple load the report using iframe or on firing an event like Response.Redirect to the report url,it will not work for me??It will not simply load the report from server?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I'm sorry, I'm not a web development expert. There is no need for a trigger, the user who posted this thread needed one. Do what you think is best.