Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making the report accessible to end users who don't have qlikview...

Hi,

I was wondering if qlikview had the ability to create a weblink for a report, so that I can email a customer a link where he/she can click the link and be taken to the report.

What we have in mind here is to use qlikview to create our own dashboards.  Id imagine that our direction is not to install qlikview on everyone's computer.  It would be fantastic if I could create the dashboard, and save it on a file share.  Then email our customers a link that contains the file share UNC path with the qlikview file embedded, where it brings up possible internet explorer, and the qlikview report in IE.  He/She would not have qlikview installed, just a view of the report where he/she can slice through the different portions of data.  Or, alternatively, is there a feature to export a qlikview report to some sort of file format, where the end user, who does not have qlikview installed, can still view and slice through the data.

Thanks,

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What you have in mind could be accomplished with a QV Server installation, which offers web access to QV applications (for example, check http://demo.qlik.com ).

To allow external users (like customers) accessing your documents, you would need appropriate licenses (for the Server and users). Please check with your QV sales rep or partner for details.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I see.  Theres nothing that would seemlessly allow me to share reports with customers without going this license/server installation route?  The thing is, we are introducing qlikview as an alternate reporting tool in our environment. I have absolutely no clue or or say as to what gets installed and configured. 

It would be wonderful if PDFs allowed you to slice through data.  Everyone has adobe