Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded System Monitor in Application

Has anyone tried setting up a small version of what the System Monitor application does, within a specific business application? We have managers who'd like to see information about who is using an app and how they are using it, but they want to see that information within the application itself and not need to sift through System Monitor. If done correctly, I should think that a generic script file could be created that could be $(Include) in every app that had a need for it.

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Why not just do a document chain to the system monitor application with the application selected. So you don't have to replicate everything in every application.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That was my first option but it's not what they want. You know how it is...gotta give the customer what he wants. Especially when he signs your checks.  LOL

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Interesting application. The short answer is to load your session logs (and possibly audit logs) into QVDs. And then load those QVDs into your dashboard filtering WHERE Document=me and producing a chart.

-Rob