We do have the same problem on a Windows 2008 R2 64bit System (with .net 22.214.171.1249_X64/_X86).
I tried the Power Tools, QV User Manager 1.1 with my local XP System this works fine.
Command qv-user-manager.exe --list cal do work fine a returns the list of users.
I tried the same command on a other (not the qv server) Windows 2008 R2 host (as well with installed .net 4) with the same user as i used for testing the Power Tools, QV User Manager 1.1 on my XP host and got the same problem as Terje.
I managed to solve the problem!
(many thanks to Rikard Braathen at QlikTech)
The bottom cause was corrupted PGO-files (one or more).
Because of this we had to
- stop the QMC and QVS (and QWS to make Accesspoint unavailable)
- copy all PGO-files from QlikViewServer folder and document folder to a backupfolder
- delete the PGO-files.
- Restart the services.
- Allocate doc cal and name cal again.
Hope you figure your problem out.
I just collect the source code from http://www.antiflu.dds.nl/qv-user-manager-qv11-src.zip and rebuild it by using .net 4. That worked for us quite well. The other good think on this, is that we can add some new fuctions as a syncronize with AD to the code.