2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 9:35 AM by Deepak Vadithala RSS

Concatenate Tables

Darren Johnson

Hello!

Could anyone tell my why this piece of script doesn't work? It's giving me the error message:

Table not found

STORE Web_MarketingItem INTO \\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd

The table Web_MarketingItem should be found? (Web_MarketingItem and MarketingItem contain the same fields)

IF(NOT ISNULL(QvdCreateTime('\\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd'))) THEN

Web_MarketingItem:

LOAD * FROM [\\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd] (qvd);

CONCATENATE

LOAD *

RESIDENT MarketingItem;

STORE Web_MarketingItem INTO \\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd;

ELSE

STORE MarketingItem INTO \\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd;

END IF

Thanks!

Darren

• Re: Concatenate Tables
          Gysbert Wassenaar

If you create the table MarketingItem first and then create another table with exactly the same fields without also specifying noconcatenate then the second table won't be created but the data will be concatenated in MarketingItem. This should then solve that problem:

Web_MarketingItem:

NOCONCATENATE LOAD * FROM [\\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd] (qvd);

• Re: Concatenate Tables
            Deepak Vadithala

Hi Darren,

I think QlikView is doing implicit Concatenation somewhere before the start of IF statment. I'm saying this without looking at the script because you're using

LOAD *

RESIDENT MarketingItem;

If you are using Resident Load of MarketingItem, then you must be loading somewhere above your script. So I think you should add NoConcatenate to your script. To stop the automatic implicit concatenation. Something like this...

IF(NOT ISNULL(QvdCreateTime('\\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd'))) THEN

NO CONCATENATE

Web_MarketingItem
            :

LOAD * FROM [\\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd] (qvd);

CONCATENATE

LOAD *

RESIDENT MarketingItem;

STORE Web_MarketingItem INTO \\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd;

ELSE

STORE MarketingItem INTO \\bhsrvqlikview\C$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\WEBQVD\Web_MarketingItem.qvd;

END IF

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com